It's easy to see why owners of the Hoover Corded Cyclonic Stick Vacuum (Model SH20030) are very happy with this product. It is lightweight, easy to maneuver, and works quietly without sacrificing suction power and cleaning performance on both carpets and bare floors. This stick vacuum comes with a cord so there are no issues about battery life and recharging. It features the exclusive Hoover WindTunnel technology that traps dirt more efficiently while keeping the filters clean longer to ensure minimal loss of suction power over time.
- Powered brushroll can be switched on and off for easy transition between bare floors, area rugs, and low-pile carpeting
- Non-marring wheels help protect your floor
- Swivel steering makes it easy to maneuver
- Edge cleaning bristles removes dirt up against walls and baseboards
- Wide cleaning path (11 inches) cleans up dry messes more quickly
- Low profile base can fit under most furniture and counter edges
- Extreme recline handle allows you to reach far under furniture
- Bottom release dirt cup with release button makes dirt disposal easy; the transparent canister lets you see when it's time to empty the cup
- Comes with 20-foot power cord with quick cord release
- Weighs about 9 pounds
Simple and Easy to Use
The Hoover Cyclonic Stick Vacuum is a simple, lightweight cleaning machine that works as an upright. This bagless stick vac comes with a cord, which is quite unusual as most stick vacuums are battery-powered. Although it does not come with a lot of bells and whistles, the Hoover stick vacuum is loaded with features often found only on more expensive machines.
Hoover WindTunnel Technology
The Hoover SH20030 is the only stick vacuum that uses WindTunnel technology and cyclonic filtration. This unique technology uses three separate air channels to trap dirt and prevent it from scattering. Cyclonic filtration spins dirt and debris and collects them in the dirt cup. The filter stays clean longer with very little loss of suction. The filter can be washed and reused.
The Hoover Cyclonic Stick Vac works well on carpets, area rugs and bare floors. A powered brush bar can be turned on and off. When cleaning carpets and rugs, the brush bar can be turned on for more effective cleaning. For easy bare floor cleaning, the brush bar should be turned off.
The Hoover SH20030 is works best on low-pile carpets and may not be ideal for deep-pile carpets.
Lightweight and Easy to Maneuver
The stick vacuum weighs only 9 pounds and is easy to carry upstairs and downstairs. Its swivel head makes the vacuum easy to maneuver around furniture. By reclining the handle, you can reach more easily under tables and low furniture.
The bagless Hoover stick vacuum comes with a clear plastic dirt canister that allows you to see the dirt level and decide if it's time to empty the canister. The canister is easy to remove, empty, and reattach to the vacuum. The dirt canister empties at the bottom with the touch of a button.
The power cord is only 20 feet long, which is about average for stick vacuums. Many owners, however, wish it was longer.
The Hoover SH20030 is equipped with non-marring wheels to help protect your floors. It also has an 11-inch cleaning path which is wide for a stick vacuum. Edge cleaning picks up dirt right up to the baseboards.
- Lightweight and easy to maneuver
- Corded; no battery to run down
- Good on bare floors and carpets
- Strong suction
- Dirt canister is easy to empty
- Compact and easy to store
- Easy to get under and around furniture
- Short power cord
- Small capacity dirt canister
What Customers Say
The Hoover Corded Cyclonic Stick Vacuum is the right vacuum for quick cleanups when a full-size upright would be too much of a hassle. Customers find it very convenient for picking up dry messes. Although the performance is not that great on carpets, the Hoover SH20030 is very good on bare floors. The dirt canister is small and needs to be emptied often but customers say it is easy to empty.
The biggest complaint is that the cord is too short. A few customers also found that the vacuum does not recline far enough to vacuum under beds although it can get under the edges of chairs.
Overall, customers find the Hoover SH20030 very convenient to use. It cannot take the place of a full-size upright but its light weight and compact design actually encourages people to use it more often. The Hoover Corded Cyclonic Stick Vacuum can be found for as low as $80.